Since Michael Jackson passed away, many of his wardrobe and personal items have been sold in different auction houses around the world. This is unfortunate but it does happen to all celebrities.
And obviously, the amount that people are willing to pay depend of the historical importance and how iconic those items are.
Knowing Michael Jackson is the biggest Entertainer that this planet ever held, it is not surprised to see Michael Jackson in the top 5 of the most expensive pieces of clothing ever sold in auctions. But not only that! He holds 2 spots in the top 5!
The first one is one of the BAD Tour Jackets Michael Jackson wore between 1987 and 1989. The Jacket was sold by Julien’s Auctions in 2018 for just $289,000 in New York.
The second it the Iconic Michael Jackson red jacket from the Thriller short film which was sold on the same auction in 2018 for $1.8 Million!
Here the top 5:
5. Michael Jackson’s BAD Tour Jacket | $289,000
4. Michael Jordan first Air Jordan sneakers | $615,000
3. Dorothy’s dress from “The Wizard of Oz” | $1.6m
2. Michael Jackson’s Thriller Jacket | $1.8m
1. Marilyn Monroe’s white dress | $4.5m